WHY OUR NEUROPATHY PROGRAM?
24 million people in the U.S. suffer from neuropathy, a progressive and potentially debilitating condition affecting the nerves. Many people think that you must have diabetes to suffer from neuropathy, but this is just not true. In fact, only one in three people with neuropathy have diabetes! The truth is that there are dozens of causes of neuropathy and most people have more than one cause.
Many patients come into our office seeking help for neuropathy because there are few effective medical treatments available for this condition. The medications that are prescribed for neuropathy do not correct the underlying causes.
Symptoms of Neuropathy
Neuropathy is often accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Numbness or burning in the hands or feet
- Sharp or stabbing pain in the hands or feet
- Difficulty driving
- Loss of balance
- Difficulty sleeping
One of our first goals in treatment is to review your symptoms of neuropathy and to find out why you are having symptoms. We will start by performing a 16-part neuropathy exam. This exam will analyze the percentage of sensory loss in your hands and/or feet. From there, we will be able to monitor your progress.
At the start of your course of treatment, we will look at digital motion x-rays to determine if there are blockages coming from the spine that might be affecting your feet or any other parts of the body. If the spine is not in proper alignment, that can put pressure on your nerves. This is something that we will address in treatment as we work to repair the underlying causes of neuropathy so that you can heal and move forward with your life.
Our Approach to Neuropathy Treatment
When it comes to treating neuropathy, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. We work directly with you to prescribe a customized treatment program just for you.
Our office uses a program called Blueprint to Neuropathy and we have seen amazing results with this program. In this video, Dr. Mike Risoldi explains more about the Blueprint to Neuropathy program.
Essentially, there are five different components to the program; each of these components is easy to integrate into your daily life. We may ask you to take part in one, several or all of the following therapies:
- Light Therapy — Light therapy is provided by a special boot designed to increase blood flow to the damaged nerve through angiogenesis — the growth of blood vessels, a natural process.
- Electrotherapy — Electrotherapy helps repair and regenerate damaged nerves.
- Nutrition therapy — Changes in dietary habits has a healing effect on neuropathy symptoms. We help patients implement a deflammatory blood sugar balancing diet along with specific supplements that increase arginine and nitrous oxide in the body, which have been proven to increase blood flow to the nerves in the body. Additional supplements we may recommend help detox the body, balance blood-sugar, and aid in weight loss.
- Vibrational (balance) Therapy — Vibrational therapy helps to restore balance, increase circulation, and reinforce proper spinal alignment. This helps to re-train your spine to get into the best position. Many patients find vibrational therapy to be quite pleasant and relaxing.
- Spinal and Joint Therapy — Another core component to neuropathy treatment at our office includes adjustments of the hands, feet, ankles. The most important adjustment will be the adjustment of the spine.
Many patients report positive results from our neuropathy treatment program, including better balance, reduced pain and even weight loss.
Let us know how we can help you. Please contact our office for a complimentary neuropathy assessment and to learn more about neuropathy treatment at our center.